I am a Biologist with a MSc on Freshwater Ecosystems Management and Assessment (University of Murcia, Spain) and a MSc on Environmental Engineering and Consulting (EOI – Escuela de Organizacion Industrial, Spain). In 2014 I received my PhD in Ecology on the topic “Modelling and establishment of plant indicators of ecological status for semiarid mediterranean saline wetlands” from the Ecology and Hydrology Department of the University of Murcia.
I am currently working for the European H2020 COASTAL project developing socio-ecological models for the effective use of natural resources through the transition to sustainable tourism and agriculture initiatives at catchment scale that allow a good ecological status of the Mar Menor coastal lagoon.
Main research topics:
- landscape ecology and conservation biology
- plant communities and land cover mapping through remote sensing
- ecosystem service modelling
- socio-ecological systems analysis
- participatory research and knowledge co-production
- social network analysis in relation to governance
- spatio-temporal environmental modelling
- Previously, I worked at BC3 (Basque Centre for Climate Change) for the AQUACROSS project developing ecosystem service models.
- I was a postdoctoral research fellow at the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commission working in Ispra, Italy, working for the Digital Observatory for Protected Areas (DOPA) developing spatial biophysical habitat models and indicators for monitoring the state and pressures of protected areas globally.
- I coordinated several international environmental projects as a project manager at ttz-Bremerhaven, Germany.
- I have worked for several projects at the Ecology and Hydrology Department of the University of Murcia (Spain), such as the “Integrated Modelling for the Sustainable Management of the Mar Menor lagoon”, the “Application of the European Water Framework and the Natura 2000 Network on the Segura Basin” and the “Millenium Ecosystem Asessment in Spain”.
Code: Fork me on GitHub