On 1th May a new Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) was launched on the Coursera platform entitled ‘Landscape Restoration for Sustainable Development: a Business Approach’.
Our group participates in the development of this free online course as one of the partners of the ENABLE project within the European ‘ERASMUS+ Strategic partnerships’ program.
The European Network for Advancement of Business and Landscape Education (ENABLE) develops education on integrated landscape management based on sustainable business models. In the MOOC you will learn WHAT land degradation is, HOW it can be reversed, and WHO can grasp the opportunity. It is aimed at business students, professionals as well as anyone with an interest in business-driven landscape restoration.
The course offers learners comprehensive knowledge of landscape degradation and landscape restoration from an integrated perspective, including natural and social sciences, economics and business administration.
The course program covers diverse topics such as:
- Land degradation and restoration of degraded ecosystems
- Economics of land degradation and sustainable land management
- Practical examples of Commonland restoration projects
- Wicked problems and multi-stakeholder partnerships
- How to design a sustainable business model?
- Practical example of landscape restoration for sustainable development: a business approach for southeastern Spain.
- Website: https://www.coursera.org/learn/landscape-restoration-sustainable-development
- MOOC flyer: download
- Project flyer: download